Friday, August 15, 2008

Two boats!

Last night I paddled the Great Miami River for the first time. I went with the regular Thursday night group of the Cincy Paddlers and I had a blast! It was the biggest water I've ever tackled in my boat. There is a wave train near the end of the run that consists of a series of two foot waves - it was a little scary but awfully fun and I got thoroughly drenched in the process. I can't wait to go again! The people of the Cincy Paddlers group couldn't be better. I had lots of guidance and encouragement from the more experienced members.

I also purchased a second boat last night. It's just a cheap Pelican Burst sit-on-top, but it will be nice to have when I want to take another person with me out on the Little Miami or another easy run. I just have to buy another paddle and paste the Ohio registration numbers on the hull and I'm all set.

No comments: