Monday, April 21, 2008

Waste less food, save more energy

I picked up this great tip from Planet Green today! I'm using the whiteboards to keep track of the fresh produce in my fridge, as well as a freezer inventory. I'm guilty of buying produce and forgetting about it until it's become inedible. This will also cut back on opening the fridge or freezer door (and letting all the cold air pour out) and staring at the contents while trying to decide what to make for dinner.

The whiteboards were a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a glass-doored refrigerator.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Broker, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-broker-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Unknown said...

Great idea! I tried it once with dried food items in cupboards. Used to find stuff that was outdated. Tried to keep list (w/expiration dates). Forgot to keep it updated. You've inspired me to try again.

Jennifer said...

This is a great idea!