Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Day

I'd love to say that I bounced out of bed at six AM to greet the dawn of a New Year with an invigorating hike in the woods. But, that would be a lie. I got off to a slow start, but I did get in a couple of hikes in my two nearby city parks for a total of 4.5 miles this afternoon. Somewhere along the way my scarf slipped from my shoulders; I'll try hiking the same trail tomorrow to see if I can find it. I liked that scarf.

It was the first time I'd hiked French Park since Hurricane Ike blew through back in September. The park was closed for weeks after and today I could see why - there is still plenty of evidence of the massive damage done by the winds.

I also made a big pot of black-eyed peas and sausage stew today - the peas and the pork are supposed to bring luck and prosperity in the new year. I could use a little of both.

I hope to get back to my regularly scheduled blog in the coming weeks. In the meantime, an inspirational quote:


"No matter how slow you run, it's faster than someone sitting on a couch"

1 comment:

Andrea, Ethan & Natalia said...

Glad to see you're starting back up. I've been looking for the posts.