Sunday, February 10, 2008

Green green green

I was really in the mood for green things today. I'm ready to be done with the winter root vegetables and move on to green spring leaves. I bought kale, spinach, watercress, zucchini and green beans at the grocery today. The spinach went into a frittata with goat cheese and some tomatoes that were getting a bit too soft to use in salads. I thought it came out so pretty I took a picture of it. It tastes damn good too. I also whipped up a Thai green curry with mushrooms, green beans, zucchini and tofu, so there's breakfast and lunch sorted for tomorrow.

I came across the term hoophouses a couple of times this weekend and found out that's the name for those inexpensive, portable greenhouses I see on farms from time to time, usually in the spring. I believe that's how the Greenacres Foundation is producing green vegetables this early in the year.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: