Friday, February 01, 2008

Jotting Notes

Well, the ice storm didn't pan out at all. All my neighborhood got was loads of cold rain, which was enough to make me stay home today. I futzed around the apartment all day, occupying myself with reading, laundry, cleaning and making a kick-ass pot of cranberry bean and tomatillo soup.

I also signed up with Jott.com today and spent some time learning how to use it. I'm quite taken with it so far. I call the Jott number from my cell phone and from there I can send myself reminders (it texts a message back fifteen minutes before the due time), send events to Google Calendar and send to-do list items to Remember the Milk. I can also send a message to Blogger and Jott will transcribe and post it. The voice recognition seems to work really well. I can't figure out why this is a free service, but I'm not complaining.

No comments: