Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!


Brilliant fungi
Originally uploaded by lilysecret42
I photographed this lovely fungi last week while on a hike in the North Carolina Arboretum. According to Peterson's Field Guide to Mushrooms, it is called Witches' Butter (Tremella mesenterica.) It grows on wood throughout North America and is supposed to be edible, though I'm not inclined to try this one.

Right. That's what I learned today.

Happy New Year!

May you live well

Laugh often

Love much in 2008


ETA: I also learned that House Foods Tofu Steak is really not good. I'm rather fond of tofu but this was no winner.
I also learned that okra is really high in vitamin C. I had no idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, here you go for comments...I think that photography class did you well!

Lily Secret said...

Why thanks! It's a great hobby for me; gets me outside a lot more. I just have to resist the temptation to buy a telephoto lens - they are massively expensive.