Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shiny New Toys

I had to go into the office to cover for other people's mistakes on this rainy Sunday, but that was somewhat offset by the new toys I got today. My landlord was kind enough to replace my kitchen faucet with a brand new unit, complete with a sprayer. Yes, this did make me very happy. And I brought home a new pepper mill since the other one self-destructed.

I also purchased a small flat bed scanner today, primarily for scanning recipes from magazines important documents for archiving. The OCR program that came with the scanner works well and I managed to scan six small articles and save them to Google Docs in about an hour. It will go much faster once I'm more familiar with the software.

Then I made Thai food for lunch tomorrow: ground turkey with basil, coconut curried mushrooms and peas, and pickled green bean relish. Doesn't that sound good?

No comments: